Selected dates in 2018 Big Island Family Hawaii Holiday £1499
Selected dates in 2018 Family Holiday to Big Island & Oahu Hawaii £2190
Selected dates 2018 Canada & Hawaii Holiday £2695
Selected dates in February 2018 Big Island Holiday Special Offer £1890
Selected dates 2018 Hawaii Island Hopping Special Offer £2490
Selected dates in 2018 California & Big Island Hawaii Holiday £1895
Selected dates in 2018 USA & Hawaii Holiday £1799
Selected dates in 2018 Hawaii, San Francisco & Los Angeles Holiday £2395
Selected dates Mar / Apr 2018 Twin Centre Hawaii Island Hopping Holiday £1995
Selected dates in September 2018 Big Island & Waikiki Oahu Hawaii Holiday £1790
Travel March / June 2018 Las Vegas Hawaii twin centre island hopping trip with San Francisco £2450
Selected dates May 2018 Hawaii and San Francisco Holiday £2195
selected dates in 2018 Hawaii, San Francisco and Los Angeles Holiday £2495
Selected dates in 2018 Multi Centre San Francisco & Hawaii Holiday £2095
Selected dates in 2018 Hawaii and Vegas Holiday £2495
Ride the Rim Tours on Big Island
Many people call the Ride the Rim Tours that they took part in on their Hawaii holiday as the best part of their trip. The ride is an exhilarating sweep along the edge of Kilauea Caldera that, after days on the beach playing with manta rays and sea turtles, is a nice and exciting twist in the plans.
The 10.6 mile (just over 17k) Crater Rim Drive circles the entire Kilauea Caldera.
Bonus Fact: A caldera is a large volcanic crater that is typically formed by an eruption leading to the collapse of the volcano mouth. Kilauea has been in constant eruption since 1983.
Make no mistake about it, the Kilauea Caldera is an active, volcanic hot zone. And you can ride around it on…ATVs!The Rid the Rim Experience
First off, some disclaimers just so you’re prepared for the journey and the tour when you decide to embark and enjoy the tour:
- The tour has a 16 years and older rule.
- There is no tandem riding allowed.
- Weight minimum is 100lbs(45kg) and maximum is 350lbs (159kg)
There is no experience necessary. You will have very seasoned tour guides that are expert riders and guides on the Kilauea Caldera. You’ll also be provided the necessary safety gear to wear on the tour.
For the older folks and kids who meet the above requirements but choose not to ride, they can ride in an open air, 4-wheel buggy to make sure that they get the full Rid the Rim experience.Stops Along the Way on Ride the Rim Tours
- First, the tour offers views of the Waipio Valley that you just can’t get anywhere else
- You’ll zip through terrain that was meant to be ridden on an ATV: rocky, bumpy and with plenty of mud.
- One of the stops is a gorgeous natural eucalyptus forest.The fresh smelling eucalyptus is awesome.
- If you have allergies you may feel them a little bit with the eucalyptus.
- You’ll stop at two lookout points to see the Caldera and the Waipio Valley.
- Lunch is a real treat. You break for a bite to eat at King’s Bath
- Enjoy a beautiful watering hole and swimming area. Aptly named, as King Kamehameha I swam there.
So, on your Hawaiian holiday, take a break from the luxury and pampering and take an ATV ride around the Kilauea Caldera. Get dirty! Get fast! Get smiling!